In the selection of food products, sensory factors are the first thing that consumers pay attention to, therefore sensory evaluation is an analysis that is needed in developing food products, determining shelf life, evaluating products during processing, storage, and marketing, as well as evaluating the product itself and its products. competing products from the consumer’s sensory acceptance side. Food Science and Technology Department-Universitas Bakrie has successfully held advanced sensory analysis workshops 4 times. The 5th Advanced Sensory Analysis Workshop is for those who need to design and conduct sensory evaluation tests within the consumer products industry such as Food Technologists, Technical and Managerial Personnel, Cosmetics Chemists, Sensory Scientists, Consumer behavior Scientist, panel leader, panelist as well as Laboratory Technicians who are responsible for sample prep and presentation.
Benefit of participating:
- Apply basic physiological & psychological principles underpinning sensory test methods
- Identify advance methods needed to measure sensory product differences and similarities, consumer preference, and sensory description
- Comprehend the statistical principles and techniques for data analysis
- Define sensory evaluation techniques and their application for conducting sensory research in corporate and academic settings
- Application of sensory analysis for specific group and predicting shelf life.
- Specify the steps necessary in conducting a sensory test, from clarifying the objectives to step by step using statistical software as well as interpreting results